Reports to: Director/Assistant Director/Registered Nurse
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Self-motivation and good time-management skills.
- Ability to provide all personal care duties, proper positioning, lifting and transferring techniques as defined in the Individual Support Plan or O.T./P.T. recommendations.
- Ability to perform wheelchair transfers.
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques as developed by MTILP, Inc.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with consumers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to document information clearly and concisely.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care needs and daily living skills training to developmentally disabled adults.
- Ability to assist individuals with daily living skills training ( to include toileting and feeding individuals).
- Participate in daily programming with clients.
- Maintain regular communication with your immediate supervisor regarding any and all pertinent information regarding the consumer’s health, safety, and programming.
- Maintain any and all written records as required by MTILP, Inc.
- Attend staff meetings, and in service training as required by MTILP, Inc.
- Promote health, safety, and welfare of consumers.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned.