Mobility Training and Independent Living Programs, Inc.
2502 Whalen Lane, Madison, WI 53713
Reports To: Director or Assistant Director
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license for at least 3 years and class B CDL with a passenger endorsement.
- One or more years transporting passengers, preferably individuals in wheelchairs or people with developmental disabilities.
- Driving record must have no major moving violations, including no “at fault” accidents in the last 3 years.
- Must possess D.O.T. federal medical card.
- Must pass D.O.T. regulated random drug screens.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with D.O.T. regulations regarding busses and passenger control and safety.
- Ability to work with staff members in order to transport individuals safely to and from program sites.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle crisis situations on the road.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with various contacts.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to twist and bend repetitively to secure wheelchairs in buses.
- Ability to drive a bus safely in a loud and distracting environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport individuals with disabilities, both ambulant and non-ambulant to and from programming sites and community activities.
- Maintain and clean vehicles on a regular basis.
- Maintain a positive work relationship with co-workers and various contacts on a daily basis.
- Document relevant information for safety and billing purposes.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions and in-service training as required by MTILP, Inc.
- Maintain driver license and driving record to acceptable level according to MTILP, Inc. Moving Vehicle Record (MVR) Guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.