Reports to: Director/Assistant Director
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Self-motivation and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with consumers and co-workers
- Ability to document information clearly and concisely
- Ability to assess the needs and strengths of individuals with disabilities
- Ability to implement programming for adults with developmental disabilities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Associates Degree in a relevant Human Services field or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site instruction and supervision to clients supported at a day center program.
- Provide individualized instruction to clients for daily living skills in a day center setting (to include toileting and feeding individuals).
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Maintain regular communication with M.T.I.L.P., Inc./ Director/Assistant Director/Registered Nurse/Case Manager regarding any and all pertinent information regarding the cleint’s health, safety, and performance.
- Maintain any and all written records as required by M.T.I.L.P., Inc.
- Assist in the development of client goals and individualized program plans.
- Create a monthly program calendar, lead daily program groups and assist with development of new programs.
- Attend monthly program planning meetings, in-service days and other training as requested by the Director.
- Provide all personal care duties as defined in the individualized program plan and OT/PT recommendations.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned.